Saturday 13 December 2014

Little Red Dublin



Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in a world of city lights, loud music that made you want to stand on top of a high rise building and scream "Oh happy day" on the top of your lungs? A world of beautifully and intrinsically dressed individuals who knew what they aspired to be in life, who 'pace in sleek chivalric certainty'? A city full of hope and ambition where all anyone wanted to do was wake up before the sun rises to jot notes in pretty journals, have lunch with your Parisienne friends with no understanding of French and not a care in the world, where you hit the cocktail bars with your Soho girls until the clock strikes dawn. You guessed right. I'm a bit of a dreamer. I love things that glitter in the moonlight and dreams that shine at dusk.
How it all began. I was walking through busy Grafton Street on a dark Saturday evening with my best friend, Kamilė. Lights lit up every corner of Dublin and music soared through the busy streets as we began to shoot. Can you imagine the atmosphere? 

It would have inspired anyone. As Kamilė took some photos, I sunk into my world of big dreams and simple luxury. I wanted to slip into a scene of the Great Gatsby or any of the old classics in general, where style included personality and not just trends. Where it wasn't the dress the woman wore that stole the show but the confidence she oozed as she swished and swayed, fully aware of her admirers. Only then was the dress perceived as a piece of art, not lying on a velvet hanger but embodied and personified by the lady wearing it. 
This is why I believe luxury is a state of mind. You can acquire it but you cannot buy it. There have been many a times where I have seen designer pieces on celebrities who simply do not have the right state of mind to create the illusion of luxury. An illusion- that is all it is. You can look absolutely exquisite in a potato sack or 'fast fashion' pieces if you know how to dress and what looks best on you. So take the time to find out who you are, how you want to present yourself to the world and what items will portray this best. Fashion is an art and the only way you'll learn is by picking up a paint brush and not being afraid of changing canvases and starting again.



It's a new dawn, it's a new day and It's a new life. 
Trends & Outfit details: The art of layering. I think I'm kind of a pro at this and not because I embrace cold weather but because It's my preferred way of dressing. My mother and sister actually asked me why I didn't match the red dress with my long black coat, which admittedly would have looked just as good. However when it comes to style I'm a little fearless and prefer to take risks than play it safe. I can imagine myself strolling through New York on daily errands and a quick change into this beautiful purple dress for a casual evening look. Which look do you prefer? Make sure to let me know in the comments. 

Photo credit: Kamilė Kvaukaitė


I know I've been MIA in the past week but my schedule has been so crazy with exams, organising ideas for Diamants and planning my trip to Vancouver. I really don't know how I'll cope in such cold weather but hey, I hope I can count on you guys to keep me warm. ;)

Endless love from
-Ayisha x  
Share

1 comment:

  1. Your web design company should be ready to submit a proposal for your website project along with a contract. Beware of companies who don't give you a formal contract.
    see more details:Providence web design

    ReplyDelete