Sunday 25 January 2015

Living like Blair Waldorf #2




If you really want something you don't stop for anyone or anything until you get it.
Waking up in the morning to realise that I don't have my own personal Dorota is why the world could be a better place. I felt... nostalgic today, which is quite an odd feeling for me. I mean I wouldn't call myself very sentimental as I have always been a 'get up and go' sort of person no matter what. I didn't think to call home once this week and for a second I forgot what it was like living in the green pastures of Ireland. Suddenly I was calling mother and texting my version of Serena van der Woodsen, Kamile. Finding a friend who speaks fashion is like finding the classic Chanel bag that's constantly out of stock. I found myself reminiscing over the times where we spent afternoons gossiping about mediocre people over coffee in Starbucks, evenings shooting lookbooks and nights showing everybody up in the club. It really baffles me to think that when this blog blows up, we'll be travelling to the fashion capitals of the world together, attending glamorous fashion shows, afterparties and important meetings. Call it destiny or call it faith, It's going to happen.

So I started eating super healthy this week and exercising like the dresses in Bergdorfs depended on it. Although I did have a few mishaps (sigh), I can say being healthy and fit is one of the most rewarding things. Imagine yourself trying on a pair of jeans that used to be too small for you but now fits perfectly; your heart races and your smile widens, you exhale and feel like you've accomplished something bigger than solving the world's financial crisis. 
I'm finally learning to use my time more wisely now too, this week was as busy as the streets of New York as I tried to fit everything into my schedule, including socials with some new friends. I can tell you that this week was both thrilling and dim all at the same time. When Hayden Williams likes your regram on instagram, with a popular account following you and also remembering the times when Robert Cavalli liked your photos consistently, you simply cannot be in a bad mood,  I said to myself. Despite my troubling exam results, which made me want to cry more than the level of rain pouring from the sky,  I finally feel like I'm on the right track you know. I'm going after what I want, getting thinner and working harder. What more could a girl want?


Share

29 comments:

  1. I love this post! Yes never stop dreaming you and *cough* me too will be living out our dreams doing what we love. Its always nice to have someone in your corner that likes the same thing I hope to find that one day in real life, Until then I'll be walking this road alone until I reach my destiny!!!

    Jasmine :)
    colorubold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best name for a post ever! I think everyone's life would be better with a Dorota. -Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title, I love the pictures, I love the whole post. I feel you, my friend :-) I'm also very happy you feel good with your life, it's the key to happiness. Keep going! :)

    http://inspiredreamer.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I perfectly understand what you mean. We always have to go forward and do everything we can to get our aims or reach a dream.
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blog so I've nominated you for the liebster award here: http://noranoraa.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-liebster-award-noranora.html

    Hope you're up for taking part!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need to move on to get our dream, just like blair :) Nice post! what about following each other on G+ and GFC? :)

    letrendycharm.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved reading this post and it reminds me that I need to watch Gossip Girl again :-) just love it and might get the DVD collection sometime soon! It's been on my wishlist for months now xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool pics! I love your booties! ;)
    XOXO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I wish I could live Blair Waldorfs life. Minus all the drama haha

    Agnes x

    http://blvckbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are great and you are right, being healthy and fit is really satisfying, I also like the title:)

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally agree with you, whatever it is in life once you reach your goal that feeing you get, just can't beat it :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures! Love the post

    Mel
    http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey girl!
    Really love this post!!!
    xoxo
    Emma
    www.emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I completely agree with you- exercising and healthy eating makes you feel great, it is so good for the soul!

    Laura xxx

    www.whatlauralovesuk.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love this post! Very accurate and, Blair Waldorf is the greatest tv character.

    xo www.naomiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I miss the GG. You look amazing btw but I know what you mean. I want to be healthy and fit too. I eat healthy now but I have to start a workout.

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for the health kick! I am on a similar one myself (not too strict, just trying to be a bit kinder to my body) and it does feel great to be healthier. :)

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely agree that getting fit and healthy is one of the most rewarding experience ever! Keep on fighting for your dreams and wishing you all the best!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. very great post!
    kisses Gi.

    new post
    http://f-lover-fashion-blog.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete