Friday 31 July 2015

Lookbook | Out of the Blue



Photo credit: Kamile Kvaukaite

The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do.
- Steve Jobs.

Bass drum. More than the sound of a heartbeat, less than the sound of thunder. Just enough to cause the right amount of impact. When I close my eyes, the world that I see is entirely estranged from reality. 

My woe right now just happens to be the fashion industry. I want to change traditions, hierarchies and selling strategies. My dream is to become a visionary and to achieve that, I must acutely observe every inch of the art. 

I study writers, artists, designers, musicians, movies and even TV shows. I am not a passive person, I don't do things thoughtlessly. Everything I choose to do has been calculated so much, that when I get around to doing it, I am completely immersed. 

There is something advantageous about binding time. There is something advantageous about learning and putting effort into strategy. I want to strip people of sheep clothing with the hopes that they will recognise the gaucheness of following anybody's opinion without much thought or research. 

I want to know what it feels like to earn a million dollars only to give half of it away. I hope to read books by F Scott Fitzgerald, plays by Shakespeare and poems by Maya Angelou. With a view from a Park Avenue apartment in New York and the warmest coffee from a local cafe in hand. A hall graced with paintings by Van Gogh, Picasso, Salvador Dali, Claude Monet and more. Hang up blazers by Balmain, Chanel & Cavalli as mere decoration to admire from afar. Have a wine cellar full of expensive wine only to be opened when there is something to celebrate...or something to mourn.

I want Karl Lagerfeld to point to me and not know what to do with me. Anna Wintour to fall out of her chair, stunned by the impact I create. André Leon Talley to personally thank me for my efforts. From CFDA award winner to breaking news on CNN, my only plan is to change a small part of the world.

I've always liked dressing a little bit preppy. Blazers, turtle necks, button downs and pencil skirts. When you look important, you feel important and the only way to achieve impact is to know that you are important enough to do so. 






Share

No comments:

Post a Comment